Partner with us to help Music Change Lives!
The Asheville Symphony Guild is a volunteer organization supporting the growth of the Asheville Symphony and encouraging interest in music and cultural activities in the greater Asheville community. Becoming a member is easy, affordable, and offers opportunities to experience many enjoyable events and rewarding activities. Since its founding in 1965, the Asheville Symphony Guild has evolved into a major financial supporter of the Asheville Symphony and promoter of musical education programs in the community.
- The Music in the Schools program brings live performances of classical music into Buncombe County and Asheville City schools to introduce students to musical instruments and help them understand and enjoy symphonic music.
- The monthly programs of the Guild feature a wide variety of musicians who give a short performance and presentation about their instruments. Each program is preceded by a social time. The programs are held on the Thursday preceding a Masterworks concert. Social time begins at 10 A.M. followed by the program. The public is cordially invited.
- The “Symphony Talk with Daniel “ series is held at the Reuter Center on the campus of UNCA at 3 o’clock on Friday afternoons preceding the Saturday concerts.. The event is free and all persons interested in the Symphony programs are welcome.
- Summer Music Camp Scholarships are offered each year to middle and high school instrumental music students in Western North Carolina. Learn more.
- Trips – often of a musical nature, to interesting places around the world.
Nashville: May 3-7, 2016
Toronto: October 9-14, 2014
Spain: May 16-28, 2015
- Musical Feasts – are various and sumptuous meals, activities and performances in interesting homes and unique venues. Learn more.