This weekend is a big one in Asheville! On Saturday evening at 8 p.m. our fourth Masterworks concert of the season will take place in Thomas Wolfe Auditorium.Saturday and Sunday (2/10-11) the sold-out Fed Cup tennis competition will take place at the U.S. Cellular Center’s ExploreAsheville.com Arena. Some traffic and parking impacts are expected due to Fed Cup events, and we want to make sure you’ve got all the info.
Most importantly, please allow plenty of time to find parking and make your way to Thomas Wolfe Auditorium prior to the 8 p.m. ASO concert.
The City of Asheville has created a web page of information to help people navigate getting to and from downtown during this weekend. Key points of note for ASO patrons include:
All four downtown parking garages will be open as usual this weekend. To view real-time updates on the number of spaces available in each garage and other parking information, visit the U.S. Cellular Center parking information web page.
- Paved Cherry Street parking lot below the Skate Park, from 6 a.m. Feb. 9 to 6 a.m. Feb. 12.
- One City parking lot across the street from the USCC, next to the city-owned property on Haywood Street and Page Avenue.
- Rankin Avenue parking lot behind the USCC.
- Cherry Street gravel lot will be closed to the public and available by permit only from 6 a.m. Feb. 5 to 6 a.m. Feb. 12.
Street Closures and Temporary One-way Street
- To help best load and unload the Civic Center and Rankin Avenue parking decks, Rankin Avenue from Walnut Avenue to Hiawassee Street will become a temporary one-way street eastbound.
- Both before and after the Fed Cup events, expect rolling street closures adjacent to the U.S. Cellular Center for pedestrian safety and crowd control.
Drive safely and we look forward to seeing you at the symphony!